Re: alternative DB locations

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Jeff Hoffmann <jeff(at)propertykey(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
Subject: Re: alternative DB locations
Date: 2000-10-03 17:10:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Jeff Hoffmann wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > The documentation for 7.1 emphasizes this point a bit more. See
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/managing-databases.htm#AEN2065
> >
> > If something is still less than optimially clear, please submit a
> > suggested new wording.
>
> this is a lot better, although i'm still not a big fan of the online
> documentation. has someone brought up the "annotated documentation"
> format like that's used on the php web site? i think it's an excellent
> combination of documentation, FAQ, and hints that makes it a lot easier
> to find answers than the standard "RTFM - read FAQ - search mailing
> lists".

Yeah, but it's currently a matter of available time. When I get a few
things cleared up I'll give it a look.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com