Re: Dropping Columns

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: Thomas Swan <tswan(at)olemiss(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dropping Columns
Date: 2000-08-22 17:22:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 06:32:13PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> >
> > How nasty would dropping columns be?
> >
> > I've just now started going through the source and am trying to find where
> > it would fit in... if it could be done without a nightmare.
> >
> > Any pointers?
>
> Long discussion in February, and again in June in HACKERS. (Hmm, the
> new User's Lounge seems to have gone in, but now we've no links to
> mail archives. Ah, here's a bookmark I can use to get in.)
>
> Here's one pointer:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/2000-06/msg00324.html

For now you can get there from the general info page in the user's
lounge. I'm working up the search page now.

> The search feature on the front page will search the mailing lists for
> you, it's just a bit slow.
>
> Oh, look in <your pgsql source tree>/doc/TODO.detail/drop
>
> Looks like the thread from HACKERS is in there.
>
> Ross

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com