Re: Quoting routines in libpq

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quoting routines in libpq
Date: 2000-07-17 22:39:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Denis Perchine writes:
>
> > Just a small question: why there is not any quoting routine in libpq.
>
> Can you give an example of what it should do?

Just as a guess, something that parses a string and escapes single quotes,
backslashes and stuff like that. I rolled my own for apps that I worked
on that needed one, lately I've been using PHP which has such a function
and a reversing function.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com