Re: MD5

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: MD5
Date: 2000-05-10 11:19:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:
>Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
>> An ansi compiler is required - do we support any non-ansi compilers? If
>> so I'll make some changes to the sources.
>
>We've required ANSI-style prototypes all along. There are some other
>ANSI features we're willing to work around the lack of, like token
>pasting in macros --- so the real question is *what* ANSI features
>does the code require?

Couldn't check yesterday, so I just did. It appears to be mainly the
prototypes, size_t and void - although size_t and void were in the
prototypes, so we should be ok. But I would like to see what other
platforms are seeing - just in case. So far I have:

FreeBSD 2.2.6-R, 3.2-R, 4.0-R
HP-UX 9.x, 10.x
IRIX64 6.4
Linux 2.2.13 (mandrake)
Windows 95/98/2k/nt/DOS

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com