--enable-locale and SET command ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: --enable-locale and SET command ...
Date: 2000-05-04 14:29:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Morning ...

Have a client that is asking us to enable localization support so
that he can deal with turkish characters ... docs seem a bit sparse on
this (or I'm not looking in the right place), but I'm guessing I want to
use --enable-locale vs --enable-multibyte? *raised eyebrow*

From the docs for v7.0, found at:

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/7.0/docs/postgres/x16981.htm

It appears that I can't set this on a per-database? Its the whole
server?

I've looked at the SET command, but I think that might be where
I'm missing something ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org