Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Anthony Brock <abrock(at)georgefox(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !
Date: 1999-06-10 18:11:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Okay, this one I can help with a bit better...

If I remember correctly, this one is hitting you:

-B n_buffers
n_buffers is the number of shared-memory buffers for
the postmaster to allocate and manage for the backend
server processes that it starts. This value defaults
to 64 buffers, where each buffer is 8k bytes (or
whatever BLCKSZ is set to in config.h).

For starting up postmaster, the default is 64 buffers...try setting -B to
32 and see if htat helps...