Re: [SQL] How do you remove a field from a table?

From: Dan Delaney <dionysos(at)dionysia(dot)org>
To: Danny Rice <dwrice(at)indiana(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] How do you remove a field from a table?
Date: 1998-07-14 20:23:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Danny Rice wrote:
> How do you remove a field from a table?

Hahaha. I wondered the same thing when I first started using
PostgreSQL. Unfortunately, YOU DON'T! PostgreSQL has not yet
implemented that funtion of the ALTER TABLE command. You have to
just create a new table and copy everything over. I think this is in
the FAQ, or it might be in the User's Manual. I personally hope they
implement this soon. It's kind of a pain not having it.
Cheers.
--Dan

Daniel G. Delaney The Louisville Times Chorus
Dionysos(at)Dionysia(dot)org www.LouisvilleTimes.org
www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/ Dionysia Design
ICQ Number: 8171285 www.Dionysia.com/design/
I doubt, therefore I might be.