Re: [HACKERS] Sequential scan speed, mmap, disk i/o

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michal Mosiewicz <mimo(at)interdata(dot)com(dot)pl>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Sequential scan speed, mmap, disk i/o
Date: 1998-05-16 05:45:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

running a relatively 'bleeding edge' FreeBSD on hub.org, do you want to
try the same tests there? Not sure how much memory that it will require,
but I'm running pretty much the same revision at home as at the
office...how are you generating your 117Meg file for testing with? I'm
willing to run through the tests here and report on it...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org