Listing the table fields ....

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Reshma Choodanath <creshma(at)lucent(dot)com>
Subject: Listing the table fields ....
Date: 1998-05-15 03:28:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

reforwarded to the proper one: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi,

This piece of code list the the table fields with the attribute name and the
fieldtype.
How do I get the Field size for that attribute.
f code list the the table fields with the attribute name and the fieldtype.
How do I get the Field size for that attribute?
Eg, Say one of the attributes is :-

name varchar (50)

I want to trap the value 50.

I tried the typlen and typprtlen, but that was not what I was looking for.

# list table fields (attribute) in given table
def ListAllFields(pgcnx, table):
list = []
for node in pgcnx.query("""SELECT c.relname, a.attname, t.typname
FROM pg_class c,
pg_attribute a, pg_type t
WHERE c.relname = '%s'
AND