PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha

From: "Kenji T(dot) Hollis" <khollis(at)Gawain(dot)Houston-InterWeb(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date: 1998-02-11 11:57:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote a message about 4 months ago asking about an Alpha Linux version
of PostGreSQL. Last I heard, they were working on it and it would be
released in early January with a 64-bit clean version of the server.

This is my third request.

It's now almost the middle of February, and I still don't see a fix for
the problem I saw 4 months ago. Here's the problem in full detail:

[postgres(at)nimue pgsql]$ initdb
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to
create the template database.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create
the global classes.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authentication control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=510).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not exist
ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not exist
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

And it dumps core. Any ideas on when this will be fixed? Anytime soon??

-- Ken
------
Houston InterWeb Design, Inc. || Office: +1 (713) 627-9494
Lead Programmer/Designer || Fax: +1 (713) 627-2744
C++, Windows, and Web Programming || Pager: +1 (713) 727-2529
Home page URL: http://www.houston-interweb.com/