Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 51961374

From: "Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies Inc)" <v-haiwang(at)microsoft(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 51961374
Date: 2024-07-05 22:00:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Team,

I’m a program manager in the Windows App Assure ISV Outreach Team at Microsoft. We work with Microsoft’s test organization to notify developers when issues have been identified in their applications. We’re reaching out to notify you of a potential issue in one of your applications.

The issue details are below, please review it when you have a moment. Our goal is to work with you to address this issue and to understand what your expected timeline to address this issue might be. If you have any questions about the details below or have already addressed this issue in a forthcoming update, please let me know.

Account

PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Product

PostgreSQL

Reference #

51961374

Issue

Fail to work with Find and Replace options within the application with latest version of app

Environment: Desktop
OS: Windows 11
Bamboo Paper: 16.3-2

Repro Steps:

1. Deploy OS.
2. Perform WU, enable roles & features.
3. Download the application: PostgreSQL from vendor link .
4. Run the setup file.
5. After the installation, Restart the machine.
6. Launch the PostgreSQL from the start menu.
7. Connect to the database.
8. Go to Tool menu ->click on query tool option.
9. Write the sql query.
10. Click edit option ->Try to work with find and replace options.
11. Observe.

Observations:

Fail to work with Find and Replace options within the application with latest version of app

Expected Results:

Should be able to work with Find and Replace options successfully without any issue.

Resource

For any questions on app development (or) submission on windows, contact Windows Dev Center. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support

Thanks!

Haifang