RE: postgres backend process hang on " D " state

From: "James Pang (chaolpan)" <chaolpan(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: postgres backend process hang on " D " state
Date: 2022-05-30 01:19:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

1. extensions
shared_preload_libraries = 'orafce,pgaudit,pg_cron,pg_stat_statements,set_user'
2. psql can not login now ,it hang there too, so can not check anything from pg_stats_* views
3. one main app user and 2 schemas ,no long running transactions .
4. we use /pgdata , it's on xfs , lvm/vg RHEL8.4 ,it's a shared storage, no use root filesystem.
/dev/mapper/pgdatavg-pgdatalv 500G 230G 271G 46% /pgdata
/dev/mapper/pgdatavg-pgarchivelv 190G 1.5G 189G 1% /pgarchive
/dev/mapper/pgdatavg-pgwallv 100G 34G 67G 34% /pgwal

Regards,

James