RE: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event

From: "James Pang (chaolpan)" <chaolpan(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event
Date: 2024-02-01 15:34:15
Lists: pgsql-performance

Today, the only feasible solution is not to create more than 64 subtransactions (savepoints or PL/pgSQL EXCEPTION clauses) per transaction.

Don't use extensions or the JDBC driver option to simulate statement level rollback, that is the road to hell.
You mean extensions to simulate a subtransaction like pg_background ? for JDBC driver option to simulate statement level rollback, could you share more details ?

Thanks,

James