Re: what happened to pghoster.com?

From: "Marcus Klinge" <mklinge(at)dodo(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: what happened to pghoster.com?
Date: 2004-07-11 15:13:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I am hosting 3 client sites with pgHoster. They were great for a while, but
recently there has been nothing but trouble. Even prior to recent events it
has always been difficult to get any kind of response from their support. I
actually resorted to demand a response via their own public user forums -
that got my problem fixed but no reply to my questions.

I did a google search for "pghoster", and not suprisingly the first page was
mostly others with pghoster problems. Then I noticed Tripod Support handle
the after hours support for pghoster. Their live chat support guy tells me
pghoster were cracked into, and should be back up within 24 hrs.

For anyone still interested in other postgresql hosters I can recommend
commandprompt.com and hub.org. We used commandprompt about 12 months ago and
they were great, the only reason we went to pghoster was the cost savings -
you get what you pay for hey? We have recently set up a new site with
hub.org and were planning on moving all our client sites to them. That will
definitely be the case as soon as we can get access to pghoster again.

Tripod Support reassured me that our sites and data will be intact when
services resume.

regards,

Marcus