administering connections to a database?

From: "Andy Kriger" <akriger(at)greaterthanone(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: administering connections to a database?
Date: 2003-03-04 20:06:12
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to use pg_dump to backup my database. But I'm getting a
permission denied with (even as postgres user). Is there a way to close all
connections to a specific database (without killing all connections to
postmaster, since there are other databases in use)? Or a way to find out
who is connected to the database?

thx