Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres
Date: 2005-07-01 14:32:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> Out of curiosity, what other backends do you consider and what is their
> syntax for such problems.

Most folks that use Oracle's PL/SQL like it. I have a sneaking suspicion
Oracle used the GNAT parser for Ada as a starting point, but that is pure
conjecture. Oracle does document that PL/SQL is Ada with SQL extensions.
An enterprising individual could get the source for GNAT from AdaCore (it's
GPL'd) and create a workalike language for PostgreSQL. I'm not
enterprising.

Rick