Re: Connect to server silently fails with no error message

From: Martin French <Martin(dot)French(at)romaxtech(dot)com>
To: Devon Oslund <devon(dot)oslund(at)trustcommerce(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connect to server silently fails with no error message
Date: 2014-01-23 07:20:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

> Given all this, PGadmin silently fails to connect to the server with
> no error message, simply a repeat of the prompt for
> server info.
>
> The password IS correct, I just authenticated through psql with it.
>
> Changing any or all of the lines in pg_hba.conf from md5, to peer,
> to trust, and restarting the server does nothing.
>
> PGadmin connect attempts create no entries in /var/log/postgresql/
> postgresql-9.3-main.log. There are some

Reset your Guru Hints and it should show you the message.
File->Options->Reset Guru Hints.

cheers

Romax Technology Limited
A limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered office:
Rutherford House
Nottingham Science and Technology Park
Nottingham
NG7 2PZ
England
Registration Number: 2345696
VAT Number: 526 246 746

Telephone numbers:
+44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)

For other office locations see:
http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
=================================
===============
E-mail: info(at)romaxtech(dot)com
Website: www.romaxtech.com

Confidentiality Statement
This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that
is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf
of the addressee
you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your
system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.