sql statement how to do ?

From: juerg(dot)rietmann(at)pup(dot)ch
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sql statement how to do ?
Date: 2002-07-05 09:02:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello everybody

I have a question regarding an sql statement. I need to insert a new record
into the table auftrag that is the almost the same as an existing record.
In a similar situation i I use

INSERT INTO auftrag_archiv (SELECT * FROM auftrag where a_id = '12345');

Now I need to do the following :

INSERT INTO auftrag (SELECT * FROM auftrag where a_id = '12345');

The problem is, that the table auftrag has a primay key called pk_auftrag.
Do this I get an error regarding duplicate pk_auftrag. Is there a way to
spare pk_auftrag somehow ?

Thanks in advance ... jr

PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland