SQLException subclasses

From: TimothyReaves(at)westfieldgrp(dot)com
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQLException subclasses
Date: 2002-03-12 13:52:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Has any thought been given to subclassing SQLException to better
control what happens when an exception occurs? There is a difference
between how I would like to handle different things. Particularly pk
exceptions. I'm sure I could parse the text of the exception, but would a
DuplicatePrimaryKeyException be better than the generic SQLException?