Re: Pg_Dump of schema?

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: "Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg_Dump of schema?
Date: 2003-12-09 16:29:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. Maybe I should have use the word sub-schema.
I have a Development server that contains database DB1 with schemas:
Public, Test_1, Test_2, Test_3

I would like to export schema only Test_3 so that I can import this schema
into my Production database DB1

pg_dump --schema only appears to do the entire database and not just a
particular sub-schema

Thanks again

Patrick Hatcher

Shridhar Daithankar
<shridhar_daithanka
r(at)myrealbox(dot)com> To
Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
12/09/2003 01:02 AM cc
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [GENERAL] Pg_Dump of schema?

Patrick Hatcher wrote:

> Pg: 7.4.
>
> I thought there was supposed to be switch to allow dumping of schema X
from
> a database in version 7.4? But I don't see one.
> Is it still not possible?

pg_dump --schema does not do it?

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/app-pgdump.html

Shridhar