Re: Copy entire file as one field

From: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>
To: "Warren Massengill" <warrenmassengill(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy entire file as one field
Date: 2002-12-04 18:30:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

What error msg do you get after you change the name of the script?

Devinder

"Warren Massengill"
<warrenmassengill(at)hotm To: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
ail.com> cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Copy entire file as one field
pgsql-novice-owner(at)pos
tgresql.org

12/04/2002 12:16 PM

The revised version has the same result. If I change the name of the script
(another poster suggested avoiding the reserved word 'merge') there is a
different error message.

Thanks,
Warren

------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

for f in `ls /home/kelly/message/*`
do
psql -d pg -c "INSERT INTO mail (message)
VALUES ('`cat $f`')"
done

[kelly(at)localhost pg]$ merge
merge: not enough arguments
merge: usage: merge [-AeEpqxX3] [-L lab [-L lab [-L lab]]] file1 file2
file3
merge aborted
[kelly(at)localhost pg]$ merge4
bash: merge4: command not found