Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [ GENERAL] Debugging SPI C functions

From: bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [ GENERAL] Debugging SPI C functions
Date: 2005-01-13 16:57:33
Lists: pgsql-general

wouah. Ok. Looks like programming deficient skills ... :)
Thank you.

By the way,
I have been using DB2 and its Call Level Interface (CLI) API and it was
great because you have the same API (based onb ODBC) for writing server
side stored procedures and external functions.
I guess that's why I was a bit confused with SPI.
Could be cool to move this into Postgresql ?

Benjamin.

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
13/01/2005 17:05

Pour : bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com
cc : Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [GENERAL] Debugging SPI C functions

bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com writes:
> Then I have a C (libpq) client program that calls my spi functions
like=20
> this :
> PQExec(conn,"SELECT mySpiFunction()");=20
> the problem is -> I can't step into this line !

Of course not --- the execution of mySpiFunction is in a different
process. You need to set up a second instance of gdb that's attached
to the postgres backend process your application is using.

regards, tom lane