Re: Problem with pg_log file corrupted

From: YekFu(dot)Wong(at)seagate(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with pg_log file corrupted
Date: 2001-04-26 06:26:37
Lists: pgsql-general

---------------------- Forwarded by YekFu Wong on 04/26/2001 02:27 PM
---------------------------

YekFu Wong
04/26/2001 07:26 AM

To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> @ INTERNET
cc:
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with pg_log file corrupted (Document link:
YekFu Wong)

I am using postgreSQL version 6.5.3
I think probably the transaction was inconsistent when there is a power
failure
when user try to update data to tables through webpage.
Now, I can't do #pgaccess [database name] ....
It will prompt me the same error saying cannot flush block 8 of pg_log
file.....
Since pg_log file is a binary file, I don;t know how to restore it...
I tried to delete the file but then, I can;t open any database without the
file.
I am trying to upgrade the postgreSQL version now...see whether it helps.
Thanks.

"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>@postgresql.org on 04/26/2001 06:27:14 AM

Sent by: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org