Re: FW: Configuring Postgres to use unix sockets

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Configuring Postgres to use unix sockets
Date: 2005-09-09 13:57:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi John,

Unix sockets are a presentation layer interface to TCP/IP. You're not
avoiding it by using them.

Rick

"John Zubac"
<jzubac(at)internets
ecure.com> To
Sent by: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
pgsql-general-own cc
er(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
[GENERAL] FW: Configuring Postgres
09/09/2005 08:13 to use unix sockets
AM

Hi Everyone

I am not too sure how to do this but I'll ask

I want two postgres servers to communicate over a serial port. I want to
avoid using the TCP/IP network protocol for added security. I heard this
can be accomplished through unix sockets? Could anyone give me some
configuration advice. I am a little in the dark with this type of config.

John Zubac
Operations / DBA
Internetsecure Inc.
+1.905.469.6522 X252
jzubac(at)internetsecure(dot)com
Gpg Fingerprint: A178 EC10 07D4 B242 8500 F817 D396 F05F D978 3D92