Re: postgres external table

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres external table
Date: 2010-01-19 11:16:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes. We get quite a few files as 'feeds' from external systems. Once the
files are in our network, we know that no changes will happen to those
files. We access them using Oracle external tables and process them (the
data, after some processing, end up in other real tables). If external
tables were not there, we would have had to schedule some job to load
these files.
Jayadevan