Using ODBC and VBA to pull data from a large object

From: Adam C Falkenberg <ACFalkenberg(at)uss(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using ODBC and VBA to pull data from a large object
Date: 2013-09-17 12:32:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Good Morning,

I had a question about using ODBC with large objects. When I query the
pg_largeobject table and return data to an ADO recordset, I can only get
the first 255 bytes even though the record contains 2048 bytes of data
(all the bytes after the first 255 show as 0). When I checked the type of
the record, it was a VarBinary. Is there a way to have all of the data
returned to the recordset? Thanks for any help.

Adam