PostgreSQL, Cygwin - setting locales

From: icaplovic(at)gamo(dot)sk
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL, Cygwin - setting locales
Date: 2003-07-10 06:06:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I have a some problem with using PostgreSQL on Cygwin. I
download and setup Cygwin instalation of PSQL. When I try initdb with
options -E LATIN2 --locale=sk. I cannot start PostgreSQL server in log I
read a message cannot locate sk. In directory \usr\share\locale I see
directory sk, but I not see any lc_ file e.g. lc_monetary, lc_numeric, ...

. I try copy locale directory from Mandrake Linux, but all is as before.
I read faq and manual of Cygwin, but I cannot find nothing. Can me

anybody help with my problem, please?

Than you,

Ivan