Réf. : Re: SPI memory managment issue

From: bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Réf. : Re: SPI memory managment issue
Date: 2004-03-04 11:16:07
Lists: pgsql-general

after investigation, I have to reformulate :

The actual memory is freed after each call of spi_finish, which is cool.
However the global amount of virtual memory used by the process does not
decrease until the last spi_finish. I get :

ERROR: out of memory
DETAIL: Failed on request of size 10.

...unless I set the virtual memory up to more than 2 gigs. Why isn't it
freed ?

My config is :
windows 2000, P3, 256 Mo ram.

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Envoyé par : pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
03/03/2004 16:08

Pour : bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com
cc : pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Objet : Re: [GENERAL] SPI memory managment issue

bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com writes:
> The thing is that I do another spi_connect inside all subqueries (query1

> ... query10) and the memory allocated inside all "subcontext" doesn't
> seems to be freed until the last call of spi_finish. (the one of the
> "big" function).

No, spi_finish frees memory used in that particular SPI invocation.
What's your evidence for thinking otherwise?

http://archives.postgresql.org