Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us

From: Don Brown <DBrown(at)msd(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us
Date: 2014-07-10 23:56:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

We are writing a small application and we are trying to determine if
PostgreSQL is the right database for us.

The application at this stage is only for a single user and commonly for
persons with little computer expertise.

When the database is installed a postgreSQL user account is created which
in most cases will be the second user account on the PC. The result of
this is the user now has to select the user account when ever the computer
is restarted.

The programmer working on this application has suggested looking at an
imbedded database, something like H2 as an alternative.

I was hoping the members of this group may have some comments or
suggestions as to the direction we should look at.

Thank you and appreciate any comments/suggestions

Don