New user - creating function question

From: TimothyReaves(at)westfieldgrp(dot)com
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New user - creating function question
Date: 2002-03-08 20:16:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all.

I'm trying to create a stored procedure that will accept a value and
return a result set. I use the parameter in the select statement. But I
can't seem to get it to work. When I call the function, I get:
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "select_2"

Could someone point me to a simple function that performs a select and
returns the result set?

Thanks!