problem with character set

From: "Sidar Lopez Cruz" <sidarlopez(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with character set
Date: 2003-03-14 19:17:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

i am exporting my mssql database to linux postgresql, and i got some problem
when insert the follow characters áéíóúñÑ, this character was inserted diferent,
this cause a big problem because, my data will not be the same in postgresql

s.o.s

what kind of character set most do i have to install in postgresql, or linux?

:-) Sidar Lopez Cruz
- Cero Riesgo, S.A.