DESIGN A DATABASE TO STORE CAD FILES

From: "Juan Pablo Gomez" <cartulina(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DESIGN A DATABASE TO STORE CAD FILES
Date: 2001-06-09 04:51:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
my name is Juan P

I own a metalmecanic work shop to make special parts based on costumers drawings.

I want to built a database to store CAD files, so when my costumers ask me for quotation i can use it to compare the costumers' file with the files stored in the database using similarities between the two drawings. Is that posible?

Can I do it using postgreSQL?

if no which DBMS can i use?