Re: LVM snapshots

From: "Matt Clark" <matt(at)ymogen(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LVM snapshots
Date: 2003-03-14 16:05:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

I *think* it is guaranteed with WAL, otherwise the system could fail to recover after a system crash. At least that's how I read
section 11.1.1 of the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.2&idoc=1&file=wal.html

Could freezing of the filesystem result in the WAL being fsynced at an 'inappropriate' time? Is there ever an inappropriate time to
fsync the WAL?