Re: postgresql JDBC error

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Lloyd Holman" <u59884(at)ee(dot)port(dot)ac(dot)uk>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql JDBC error
Date: 2002-01-09 18:57:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Lloyd-

It sounds like maybe you need to add a line to your pg_hba.conf file to
authorize the connection. (Remember that if you are running Tomcat, the user
that Tomcat connects as may be different from the user you develop as...)

The low-security-but-make-it-work approach would be to add this line:

host all 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 trust

This assumes you are on the same machine.

Look at this FAQ for more details:

http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/welcome.html#tcpip

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/