Re: Default settings

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, "Martins Zarins" <mark(at)vestnesis(dot)lv>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default settings
Date: 2002-08-05 14:32:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Actually, I think this is an environment variable, so you'd want to set it
up so the postgres user gets it before starting the postmaster.
(PGDATESTYLE=)

If you are running the Debian Linux package, it can be set in
postmaster.conf, but AFAIK, that file doesn't exist in other distributions
or the source.

Details here:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?libpq-envars.html

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/