Re: PostgreSQL data -> Oracle

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Leonardo Camargo" <leonardo(dot)camargo(at)eds(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL data -> Oracle
Date: 2002-07-08 20:31:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Back in the days when I used Oracle, there was something called SQL*Loader
that allowed you to read a flat ASCII file into an Oracle table.

If I were doing this, I think I'd do a pg_dump of the data, filter the dump
file to remove the "copy" commands & then use SQL*Loader or it's newer
equivalent on the dump file.

Of course we're all just aghast that you'd want to do such a thing... <g>

-Nick