No such file or directory: ./configure

From: "T(dot)J(dot) Hoo" <tze(dot)jing(dot)hoo(at)comptel(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: No such file or directory: ./configure
Date: 2003-07-05 02:11:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I want to install PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on the HP-UX.

Unfortunately, I encounter error even in the first step of the installation
procedure. I'm not able to find the 'configure' file/command in my
directories, any idea what could be the error?

The following shows the details and error:

~>cd postgresql-7.3.3/src/
~/postgresql-7.3.3/src>

~/postgresql-7.3.3/src>gmake --version
GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

~/postgresql-7.3.3/sr>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.1

~/postgresql-7.3.3/sr>./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory