DSN-less connection to Postgres-database

From: "Kristoffer Hoffe Bergqvist" <hoffe(at)hoffe(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: DSN-less connection to Postgres-database
Date: 2001-02-15 15:06:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all!

I'd like to set up a DNS-less connection from ASP to a PostgreSQL-server.
What I'm looking for is a connectionstring looking something like this:

db.Open("driver=PostgreSQL};host=www.host.com:666;database=name;UID=me;Passw
ord=;pass")

But the one above (obviously, since I'm writing this mail) doesn't work.
Please if anyone know how to solve this, drop a line.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

/Hoffe