Stored Procedures for Shell Execution

From: "Dustin Dortch" <dustin_dortch(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored Procedures for Shell Execution
Date: 2002-06-17 13:06:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Recently, I have been working on the MCSE certification, and I have been
studying SQL Server 2000 Administration for one of my electives. Anyhow,
the reason I mention this is because of some features in SQL Server that I
think would be great in PostgreSQL. Is there a stored procedure that allows
for the execution of shell commands? I think it would be great. What I
would like to accomplish is when a customer is added to my CRM application,
a script is executed on my shell. Obviously, I woud need to create a
trigger on my user table and have it run a stored procedure, etc.

Thanks
Dustin, Network+, MCP