install sample database error

From: "Cao, Xiaowei" <xicao(at)seattleschools(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: install sample database error
Date: 2019-07-30 23:27:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

I tried to download the postgresql sample database dvdrental to install on ubuntu. This is a test environment.
I got some errors while running the restore.sql in the downloaded file.
Psql : restore.sql 1015: Error: could not open file $$PATH$$/3077.dat for reading: NO such file or directory.
And the same error for all other dat files...

I guessed first the permission issue, I tried to give the file directory the widest privilege like 777, but still has this error.
Database and tables are created, but there are no rows in table.

What could be wrong, what does $$PATH$$ mean?

Thanks,

Anne Cao