Re: tell master to tell it's the master - ?

From: Hotmail <crajac66(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: lejeczek <peljasz(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tell master to tell it's the master - ?
Date: 2023-08-18 12:36:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I know you don’t want to query,  but you could create your own pseudo configuration file with a query and a psql \if statement in a psql script like this:

select NOT pg_is_in_recovery() AS is_primary \gset

\if :is_primary
    \! touch /tmp/primary_at_’date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S’
\endif
\q

Run the above on each database in your cluster with a cron job/database scheduler job at the appropriate interval for your needs. This would provide a file in / tmp that identifies the primary database with a timestamp.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Craig Jackson