RE: Better performance no-throw conversion?

From: "ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com" <ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com>
To: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Better performance no-throw conversion?
Date: 2021-09-08 17:55:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Michael,

There was a recent thread (Big Performance drop of Exceptions in UDFs between V11.2 and 13.4) that I started a few weeks back where it was identified that the exception block in the function I posted would cause a rough 3x-5x performance overhead for exception handling and was as expected. I identified a separate issue with the performance plummeting 100x on certain Windows builds, but that's a separate issue.

Thank you,
Laurent.