How to debug JIT-ed code in PostgreSQL using GDB

From: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to debug JIT-ed code in PostgreSQL using GDB
Date: 2022-04-21 04:46:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers

I try to use gdb to debug the jit-ed code, however, there isn't
much useful information. I tried the way from [1], however, it
doesn't work for me (llvm-10 in my environment).

How can I do this debugging? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

[1] https://releases.llvm.org/8.0.1/docs/DebuggingJITedCode.html

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.