Re: Convert numeric to money

From: "Mauricio Fernandez" <mfacontacto(at)ono(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Convert numeric to money
Date: 2005-07-25 07:59:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

inspect your cast functions with:

create view showcasts as
select t.typname as source, t1.typname as target, p.proname as function,
(select case when c.castcontext = 'e'
then 'Must use Explicit Cast'
else ( select case when c.castcontext = 'i'
then 'Implicit cast for expressions and assignments'
else 'Implicit cast only for assignments'
end)
end ) as casttype
from pg_cast c, pg_type t, pg_type t1, pg_proc p
where c.castsource = t.oid and
c.casttarget = t1.oid and
c.castfunc = p.oid;

Un saludo.