PostgreSql 9.4 Database connection failure

From: Lionel Napoleon <lionelnapoleon(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: PostgreSql 9.4 Database connection failure
Date: 2021-09-09 07:45:47
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
I have an issue with my PostgreSql 9.4 version database. Almost every week I get the following error

Error: #2147500037
Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket immedaitely
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
SQL State: 08001

My application and database are on the same system. The communicating port being 5432.
initially I thought it was the permissible connection limit issue. So I raised the max_connections
parameter to 300.But still the problem exists.Would appreciate your speedy response to my
problem
Thanks & Regards
Lionel