Mystery "PostgreSQL 11" server keeps reappearing in pgAdmin 4 no matter how many times I delete it.

From: tutiluren(at)tutanota(dot)com
To: Pgadmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mystery "PostgreSQL 11" server keeps reappearing in pgAdmin 4 no matter how many times I delete it.
Date: 2020-04-21 07:56:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Ever since I went through the horrible ordeal of trying to update PostgreSQL on Windows (from 11.5 to 11.7, so not even a major version), pgAdmin 4 has started showing a "PostgreSQL 11" server in the list of servers. I've deleted it a hundred times now, but it just keeps reappearing every time I start pgAdmin 4.

What is this? How to *actually* remove it rather than "pretend-removing" it? Why is it there at all? I never added any such server to pgAdmin 4, and why would it keep adding it back?

If trying to connect to it, it asks for a password. I enter none and connect. It seems to be an identical copy of the actual server. In the comments, it says:

Auto-detected PostgreSQL 11 installation with the data directory at C:\Users\blablabla...

Okay, so pgAdmin 4 auto-detected what I already have as a named server in the list, and keeps adding it back? I don't understand the point. Especially the part where it keeps reappearing when I delete it.