Simulation output using libpq

From: "C G" <csgcsg39(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Simulation output using libpq
Date: 2004-01-08 17:24:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

I have some c code that writes results directly to a file as they're
produced during a simulation. I want to modify the code to write
directly to a postgres database using libpq. I think I could open a
connection and insert into the database with a transaction, commiting at
the end of the simulation. One problem with this approach is that if I
have a lot of simultaneous simulations running I may run into problems
with exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed. I would
welcome any advice

Many thanks

Colin

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger