Date comparison question

From: "Jan Bodey" <jan_bodey(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date comparison question
Date: 2003-05-20 16:22:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi

I require a query that will see if a stored date is more than a certain
interval before the current date. Using an interval of 10 hours, the query
would be something like:

SELECT * FROM utable
WHERE now() - utimestamp > interval '10 hours';

The problem I am having is that the interval is not fixed, and I would like
to be able to store it as a value in a database table. The unit of the
interval can, however, be fixed, and will almost certainly be fixed to
hours.

I have not been able to find a way of doing what I require, does anybody
have any ideas to what I need to do?

Cheers.

Jan.