Working with large text blocks

From: "Clinton James" <cjames(at)callone(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Working with large text blocks
Date: 2001-01-26 19:45:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I have some blocks of text than can be from 2K to 80K in size. I understand
7.1 will have compression to use with text, but does anyone know of a way I
can use these large text blocks as a field? I'll have Win NT as a client
getting the data from a Linux box through ODBC so BLOBs don't appear a good
idea, or maybe I just don't understand. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Clinton James