Oracle to Postgresql conversion

From: Bob prograsp <bob(dot)wheldon(at)prograsp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle to Postgresql conversion
Date: 2003-03-19 10:29:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hallo All,

Does anyone know how I can convert an application written with Oracle Portal (including Apache), Oracle packages, procedures, functions, etc. and PSP (a mixture of
PL/SQL and HTML).

One suggestion is that the new application could access PostgreSQL from within Apache using Java Servlet pages: if there were any tools to convert the code, then
that would be fine, but I expect there are not. PostgreSQL recommend PHP, but I think with Apache we must use the second choice, namely Java? Is there a chance of
using a front-end, or is that an expensive solution? I have no worries about PL/SQL, because there are conversion utilities available!

Regards,

Bob Wheldon
win(at)pfaffenhofen(dot)de
Bob(dot)Wheldon(at)gmx(dot)de